Thursday, September 22, 2005


Art Clay Silver Competition:
Honorable Mention

My piece, "Through the Storm", won an honorable mention in the first annual North American Art Clay Silver Competition. Click here to see all the winners.

"Through the Storm" is a lidded box. It weighs 70 grams and measures 3" in length. The entire piece is composed of fine silver. The color was achieved through a liver of sulfur patina. To view a larger image of the piece click here

This was the first time I've entered a competition, and I learned a lot from the experience. One of the main things I picked up was to focus not only on the piece itself, but on the overall presentation. I put a lot of time and effort into the box, but then just strung it with a bit of chain and a leather cord. The top winners put as much time and energy into spectacular bead work, collars, or other presentation, as they did the centerpiece itself.

I think I've been bitten by the "competition bug" now. I find myself searching the internet looking for more "calls for entry"!

Pam

Art Clay Silver currently on sale for 10% to 34% off with quantity discounts! Offer ends 9/30/05. Click here for details

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home